Saturday, August 24, 2013

Grandma's (Changi City Point)


I was craving for something spicy and rich in flavour. Browsing through the restaurant directory at Changi City Point, Grandma's just stands out.

The staff were very polite, well-trained, and efficient! This is coming from a hungry woman who had not eaten anything for nine hours and was damn famished at 8.30pm. My brunch was at 11.30am. Yes, at that point of time, I could gobble down a pot of beef rendang!

However, as the restaurant was quite packed at that time, the staff had very politely informed me when taking my orders that I would have to wait for about 15-20 minutes.


My drink was served in two minutes or so. The floor manager updated me that I had to wait because they need to cook the big drumstick.. ooooh~~


First up was Ipoh Hor Fun (Soup). The soup was very tasty while the hor fun was springy in texture and not soggy! I like my food served hot and this was indeed served boiling hot. Bagus! The beansprouts added some crunchiness to the bite and also takes away some of the oily aftertaste. The prawns were somewhat tasteless and slightly overcooked. Oh well, the hor fun should be the main highlight anyway, right? (^___^)


Next came my big drumstick! Nasi Bukhari is served with a big drumstick, sambal prawns, beef rendang and half of a hard-boiled egg (hidden under the drumstick).

- The rice passed with flying colours~~ I like how the rice was cooked so perfectly with each grain separated from one another, and how the spices had fully covered each and every single grain.

- The beef rendang was very soft and strong in flavour. It was not too spicy, within my spiciness tolerance range.

- The drumstick slightly disappointed me though. It was a little on the dry side but can make do with it.

- What really really really shocked me was the sambal prawns! There were only two medium-sized prawns hidden under that bunch of onions. Seriously, hungry woman is angry woman. What a sneaky act!


The Otak Otak is a must-order!! It has very generous amount of fish meat and the texture was just right, not too hard and not too soft. The plus point is - the juiciness springing out from the fish meat. Haha~ I must had been too hungry.


Sambal Kang Kong was so outstanding. Really should not judge a dish by its appearance. As humble as it seems, the layers of flavour enhanced every mouthful of rice I put inside my mouth. Gosh, gimme a bowl of white rice and I can clean this plate of kang kong! I think the main appeal would be the fragrant sambal aroma and taste which made this dish so appetising.

Verdict: I shall visit whenever I have the craving for spicy and strong-flavoured food! Haha..


Grandma's (Changi City Point)
Address: Changi City Point, 5 Changi Business Park Central 1, #B1-26/27
Tel: 66363180
Opening hours: (Mon - Fri) 11:30 - 21:30 / (Sat - Sun) 11:30 - 22:00
Website: http://www.grandma.com.sg/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Grandmas.Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment