Sunday, November 24, 2013

Tomi Sushi (Novena)


It's getting harder and harder to find a place that offers Japanese food of fine quality at an affordable price. I was hesitant to share the pocket-friendly lunch menu that Tomi Sushi offers. Because besides the good food, I enjoy the "less rowdy" environment.

Situated at Velocity Novena Square (just above Novena MRT Station), personally, it is not exactly what I would describe as the hype foodie place. However, I found one particular restaurant that is worth blogging!. . . Tomi Sushi!

Tomi Sushi serves high quality Japanese rice from Niigata and I quote, Niigata is the prefecture "renowned for its tasty premium-grade rice in fields irrigated by the melting snow in spring".

The menu is pretty similar to many Japanese restaurants in Singapore. They have several different menus, such as lunch menu and dinner menu, for different branches. Do check them out before visiting! To view them, please visit Tomi Sushi's website.

The restaurant is rather spacious, which is not a common sight in Japanese restaurants. The service is good! I like that they constantly refill my green tea. That's nice. The most important factor of putting a "good" to a restaurant's service is that - the staff are always around and walking around.

Okay, here comes the highlight of my post. I would recommend Tomi Sushi's Lunch Menu! (See the lunch menu below; click to enlarge.)



(Source: Tomi Sushi's website)

Q: Why I'd recommend such a common Japanese set lunch?!
A: The price and the quality served!!!

1. Yes, you can find similar Japanese lunch sets of this price range... BUT Tomi Sushi wins with its freshness of the sashimi.

2. Yes, you can find sashimi that is as fresh or even fresher... BUT it won't be as affordable as what you can find at Tomi Sushi.


I ordered Nigiri Sakura ($28).. The set was placed neatly on a tray. It comes with an assortment of sushi served on a plank, tori karaage (fried chicken), chawamushi (steamed egg), salad, miso soup and fruits. I practically loved everything that was on that tray! I can use words such as fresh, juicy, crispy, tasty, yummy, and etc.. But the best way to convince you how worthy my $28 was, is to go and try it yourself at Tomi Sushi!!


Tomi Sushi (Novena)
Address: 238 Thomson Road, #02-76/77 Velocity Novena Square, Singapore 307683
Tel: 62552355
Opening hours: (Daily) 11:30 - 22:30
Website: http://www.tomisushi.asia/index.html

Other branches:
Tomi Sushi (PARCO)
Address: PARCO Marina Bay 3F-04, 9 Raffles Boulevard, Singapore 039596
Tel: 63334633
Opening hours: (Daily) 11:30 - 22:30

Tomi Sushi (Katong)
Address: 30 East Coast Road #02-14/15/16, Katong V, Singapore 428751
Tel: 63487897
Opening hours: (Daily) 11:30-14:30 / 17:30-22:30

No comments:

Post a Comment